Wednesday

No Saree… I am really Sorry…

The other day me and a couple of friends were off to Touch(supposedly the heppest place to hang out in Hyd). Other than brief visits I actually have never been to this joint. There were 4 girls and 5 guys, one of the best ratios I have ever seen given to the fact that none of us know any women that are willing to party.

I got the rudest shock of my life when the bouncer(twice my size) pointed out that one of my friends wouldn’t be allowed in because was wearing a saree.. what a load of crap.

Saree has been accepted as traditional Indian formal wear all over the world and then in our very own country we shut our doors to women dressed in the 9yd wonder. I fail to see them miss the beauty of the saree. For it covers all and yet showing off all the curves. Incase those dumb people still cant get it then they should see a couple of hindi movie actresses, Madhuri, Sridevi, Susmita Sen do it to perfection, Almost every movie has a scene where the heroine gets drenched in the rain and then seducing the hero.

I never understand people who just ape everything from the west and fail to see the logic behind anything. Rather than judging on how well dressed the woman is they are kicking out people based on their dress type, that is even worse than the goras who atleast didn’t discriminate their own kind.

Seriously angry we went over to Liquids which didn’t have any more stupid rules like this and ended up having a pretty decent time.

No comments: