Saturday

School Reunion:

7 years. It has been 7 long years since I passed out of school finished junior college and then done my engineering.

The reunion was spread over two days. The first day was sports and lunch and the second a fashion show followed by a dinner.

The first day I ended up at school around 9 and to my dismay the school was almost empty excluding a few people like me who were milling about the Basalthjah stadium waiting to play cricket.

This is the problem of going to a school known for its cricket team. Most of the people that turned up were part of the cricket team and they obviously just wanted to play cricket and nothing else.

Avi had come around 12.30 by then I had already played a footer match full hps style in the front field. We had lunch with Siri and her classmates and also with Saleem and his gang. Cutlets were always prized in school where we used to fight over them. As there was no limit on the amount of cutlets in school greedy bums like me who could not get over the habit of grabbing as many as possible ended up eating 5-6 cutlets. Same was the case with coconut barfi. After that we played a game of baski with the juniors and then I pushed off.

On the second day I was contemplating of going in full formals or semi formals. Moderating my impulse to go in full formals I went in semi formals and much to my dismay I found everyone there dressed in full formals. Nittu was playing the good dog and was at the ounter selling tickets. Me Amit and Sony played the barka for sometime selling tickets too till Avi came. Me Avi and Nittu left while Amit and Sony keeping on the bakra tradition kept on selling tickets.

The fashion show was a huge let down. But some of the chicks were really hot and worth ogling at. After meeting a lot of friends and shaking a lot of hands we finally had dinner. Dinner was superb, the biryani was just too delicious that I had three helpings.

After the huge meal we went for a walk reminiscing old stories and friends. The night was just awesome. Few of us came to the startling conclusion that school was an awesome place to make out. Its dark cold and romantic, what else can u ask for. There are so many places that are so discreet that the chances of getting caught are almost zero, it would be hours before you might even get slightly disturbed. At yet all we did in school was play and run around when we could have done so much. We definitely as kids misunderstood the meaning of life. Finally there were some fireworks after which we left.

After the reunion I realized that I don’t want to go back to school as I wanted to all my junior college years. I think 4 years in iit I have lived a life that doesn’t make me want to go to school. I cant afford to go back to school as I will miss these 4 years if I do so.

No comments: